Anti-vaccine nurses take note. You are on notice.
Dan
2013-07-06 02:57:17 UTC
http://skep.li/13qP1EW

Anti-vaccine nurses take note. You are on notice.
Posted on July 6, 2013 | Reasonable Hank

On June 3 2012 I wrote a post about a rather disturbing set of events
pertaining to the harassment of a grieving family by a registered nurse.
For background, I suggest reading the post: Kerry Baker: Registered
Nurse; AVN Supporter; Vilifier of Grieving Families.
http://skep.li/12MLihY

It has just come to light that the Australian Health Practitioner
Regulation Agency (AHPRA) has investigated nurse Kerry Baker for her
attack on that grieving family, coupled with her denigration of other
health professionals.

In a decision handed down on April 24 2013 the Queensland Notifications
Committee of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia found that
Baker?s professional conduct was unsatisfactory, issuing a caution to
Baker, whilst agreeing to an undertaking from Baker that she undergo an
approved education program regarding acceptable professional boundaries.
If Baker refuses to complete this program further action will be likely.

Here is the full text of Baker?s undertaking, from her public AHPRA
registration page: http://skep.li/1a8JTYs

I, Kerry Jane Baker of QLD offer the following undertaking to the
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (the Board),

1) Within three (3) months of the acceptance of the undertaking, I will
nominate to the Board (or its delegate) for approval, in writing, an
education program (?the course?) addressing professional boundaries in
the context of the scope of practice for registered nurses. In
particular the course will cover all aspects of;a. The Code of
Professional Conduct for Nurses in Australia.b. The Code of Ethics for
Nurses in Australia.

2) Within twelve (12) months of the acceptance of the undertaking, I
will satisfactorily complete the course and provide written evidence to
the Board (or its delegate) of such satisfactory completion.

3) I authorise the Board (or its representative) and their approved
educator to exchange information at such time or times as the Board (or
its representative) shall determine for the purposes of monitoring
compliance with these conditions.

4) Within 7 (seven) days of changing address, I will notify the Board in
writing of that change.

I understand that this undertaking will remain in existence for 12
months commencing from the date it is accepted by the Board.

I also understand and acknowledge that if the Board accepts this offer,
a failure to comply with the undertaking may result in health,
performance or conduct action pursuant to the Health Practitioner
Regulation National Law Act 2009 (Qld).

Given the unfortunate number of nurses and midwives who like to spread
anti-vaccination misinformation, and denigrate their colleagues, the
results of this investigation are welcome. The community expects better,
and they demand it. And, now, these anti-vaccine professionals are on
notice. http://skep.li/1d0WCZr

Of note, in the membership survey recently conducted by the anti-
vaccination pressure group, the Australian Vaccination Network, it was
found that 9% of the 445 respondents were nurses. I?m serious. Find
another job, people. http://skep.li/12s8i2j

Remember, nurses are among the most trusted of professions. Seriously,
who doesn?t love nurses? What Baker did was despicable. I hope she has
learned from it. It?s a shame she felt the compulsion to cause so much
pain due to her beliefs. http://skep.li/12MLxcC
Bob Casanova
2013-07-06 18:18:30 UTC
On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 10:57:17 +0800, the following appeared in
Post by Dan
http://skep.li/13qP1EW
[...]
A doctor who beat his patients to "drive out the devils", or
who refused to wash his hands because "germs don't exist",
would lose his license, so whyinhell do these Luddites still
have theirs? It's a matter of health and safety, not freedom
of speech.
--
Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov
Clayton
2013-07-07 01:42:48 UTC
On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 10:57:17 +0800, Dan <***@bigpharma.com.au>
wrote:

This is off topic for an alternative health ng.

There are psychos in every group, although more in the "skeptic" hate
group than anywhere else it seems.

To read more about the skeptics go to www.bolenreport.com

Clayton

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have
a thousand reasons to smile." - Anonymous

Clayton

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." - unknown
Bob Officer
2013-07-07 02:27:09 UTC
On Sun, 07 Jul 2013 11:42:48 +1000, in misc.health.alternative,
Post by Clayton
This is off topic for an alternative health ng.
No it isn't.

Don't you recall that carole and several of her socks have discussed
this in the past.
Post by Clayton
There are psychos in every group, although more in the "skeptic" hate
group than anywhere else it seems.
That would be you carole. Multiple personality disorder and all.
Post by Clayton
To read more about the skeptics go to www.bolen
Why bolen isn't an authority, unless you are trying to bankrupt a
business or fail to pay taxes.
--
Bob Officer
"Whoops .... now where did I put that other braincell?

Oh, I'll check up my arse ...get back to ya."
carole hubbard in Message-ID: <f3b680d9-da69-4c7e-99b2-***@y5g2000pbi.googlegroups.com>
Dan
2013-07-07 02:48:07 UTC
Post by Clayton
This is off topic for an alternative health ng.
There are psychos in every group, although more in the "skeptic" hate
group than anywhere else it seems.
To read more about the skeptics go to www.bolenreport.com
Oh yes, let's read the website of a man who posts necrophillia rape
pornography.